Blackjack at Hard Rock Casino Cincinnati
Commonly referred to as 21, Blackjack is one of the most popular table games you will find on the casino floor and offers a simple concept for gamblers to enjoy. With the objective to beat the dealer, this game creates an excitement around the table like no other. With multiple game options, our casino in Cincinnati offers the best blackjack tables around.
How to Play Blackjack
Each card is counted based on their respected number while face cards (Jack, Queen & King) are counted as 10 and Ace is worth 1 or 11.
The rules of the game are simple: Try to get closer to 21 than the dealer does, without going over.
1. To begin the game, the player must place a bet. You can bet on the hand, as well as play our side bets Lucky Lucky and Buster.
2. The dealer will then deal each player 2 cards face up. The dealer will leave one of their cards face down, revealing just the 1 card to the table.
3. On occasion, the dealer will show an Ace card facing up. When this happens, insurance is offered up to the players. Insurance is a side bet that the dealer has blackjack. Making an insurance bet gives you the chance to protect your original bet.
4. If it is determined the dealer does not have a blackjack, the player is to begin their turn. Each player is given the following options:
Hit – dealer gives you another card to add to your card total. The player can continue to hit until they bust or decide to stay.
Stay – player is done hitting. Would like to stay with the cards they have.
Double Down – Players can double their original bet and receive just 1 more card.
Split – When receiving a pair, the player can split their cards to create 2 separate hands. The dealer will then deal each card a second card. Once receiving the second card, the player can decide to hit, stay, double down, or even split again if possible. For each split the player is responsible for placing another bet equal to the first bet wagered.
5. After every player has finished their turn, the dealer will then start their turn. The dealer will continue to hit on their hand until they have reached a 17 or higher. Once the dealer has completed their turn, those who have not busted and are closer to 21 than the dealer, win their bet.
Rock n' 21
Rock n' 21 is a variation of blackjack where the object of the game is to have or make a hand total that will be closer than the dealer to 21, but not exceed 21. For this new and exciting version of blackjack, if a player receives a blackjack on their first 2 cards, blackjack pays odds of 2 to 1 for two BLACK CARDS, 3 to 2 for two RED CARDS, and 1 to 1 for MIXED COLOR CARDS. Come in today to learn more!
Free Bet Blackjack
Free Bet Blackjack is a variation of the standard game twenty-one. The object of the game is to have or make a hand total that will be closer than the dealer to 21, but not exceed 21. However, if the dealer draws to 22, everyone at the table will tie (push). With a “Push 22” side bet, you can get paid as high as 50 to 1 on a dealer suited 22. Come try your luck with Free Bet Blackjack today!
Zappit Blackjack is based on regular blackjack. However, if you’re dealt a hard two-card total of 15, 16, 17 or 18, you have the option to get two new cards. The dealer will check for a blackjack, if applicable, before players are allowed to ZAPPIT. Insurance is offered as in the regular game. If you elect to ZAPPIT then your initial hand is replaced with two new cards. Regular blackjack rules and procedures then continue with the new hand. Play Zappit Blackjack today!
Buster Blackjack Side Bets
Blackjack TriLux Super 3
TriLux is an optional bonus bet for blackjack that considers the first two cards the player receives and the dealer's up card. If a player receives one of the winning three card hands, they will win. The three card hand pays on a 90 to 1 Three of a Kind, 180 to 1 Straight Flush, and a 270 to 1 Three of a Kind (suited).
Terms You May Hear While Playing Blackjack
- Blackjack – 21 in first 2 cards dealt (Ace and 10/face card)
- Push – Tie with the dealer, no money exchanged
- Bust – Going over 21
- Hit – Taking another card to add to your total
- Stay – Staying with the amount you are currently at
- Insurance – If the dealer is showing an Ace, you may place an insurance bet that would protect you from losing in the case of a dealer blackjack
- Split – If player has a pair, they may split their hand to create 2 separate hands
- Side Bets - Bets you can make on the side that increase your payouts if won